Home Page - Hongxun Hui 惠紅勛
Dr. Hongxun Hui is a Research Assistant Professor with the State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City, University of Macau. Previously, he received a B. Eng. degree in 2015 and Ph.D. degree in 2020, respectively, both from the College of Electrical Engineering in Zhejiang University. From 2018 to 2019, he was a visiting scholar at the Advanced Research Institute in Virginia Tech. He was elected in the 1st batch of the Academic Rising Star Program for Ph.D. at Zhejiang University in 2018. From 2020 to 2022, he was a Post-doctoral Fellow with the State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City, University of Macau. His research interests are in the Internet of Things technologies for smart energy, optimization of integrated energy systems, control of flexible resources, and energy economics. He has authored/co-authored 1 international book, more than 60 papers (including more than 30 SCI journal papers), and 16 issued patents. One of the papers was selected as the ESI Highly Cited Papers (Top 1%).
Dr. Hui is Young Editorial Board Member and Guest Editor of high level journals, including Applied Energy, Engineering Reports, Integrated Intelligent Energy, etc. He also serves as reviewer for many international journals, including IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Applied Energy, etc. He was the recipient of the Outstanding Reviewer Award from the Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy. Besides, he got the Best Paper Award of IEEE iSPEC 2021, the First Prize and the Best Innovation Award of the 2021 National AI Application Competition in Power Dispatching, and Excellent Paper Award of the Integrated Smart Energy Conference 2022.
Here is Dr. Hongxun Hui’s CV.
Open for Applications 2022
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (28,000 ~ 40,000 MOP/month)
- PhD (12,500 ~ 20,000 MOP/month)
- Master (4,000 ~ 8,000 MOP/month)
- Visiting Scholar (25,000 ~ 30,000 MOP/month)
- Research Assistant (12,500 MOP/month)
Notice 1: Recommended Direct PhD Admission for undergraduate students from Mainland China for 2023/2024 academic year (2023/2024學年招收中國內地推薦免試攻讀博士研究生) is now open for application (DDL: October 17, 2022), check the notice in Chinese. All successful applicants will be funded by the UM Phd Scholarship or Assistantship. Some may also have the opportunity to be admitted by the “UM-UK 3+1 program” (earn master at Imperial College London and PhD at UM).
Notice 2: Regular PhD Admission for undergraduate or master students for 2022/2023 academic year (2022/2023學年招收博士研究生，包括直博、普博) is now open for application (DDL of 1st batch: October 31, 2022; DDL of 2nd batch: February 28, 2022), check the notice here. All successful applicants will be funded by the UM Phd Scholarship or Assistantship.
Notice 3: ZUMRI We are recruiting full-time Research Scientist, Postdoctoral Scholar and Engineers to join our R&D group at Zhuhai UM Science & Technology Research Institute. 我們在珠海澳大科技研究院智慧城市研發中心設立產學研團隊，正招收全職研究員、博士後、工程師等，提供极具竞争力的薪酬和良好的科研与工作条件，歡迎發送簡歷等至 firstname.lastname@example.org 咨詢或直接網上申請！
- [2022-11-29] New publication: S. Wang, H. Hui, Y. Ding, C. Ye and M. Zheng, “Operational Reliability Evaluation of Urban Multi-Energy Systems With Equivalent Energy Storage,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2022.
- [2022-10-06] New publication: H. Hui, Y. Chen, S. Yang, H. Zhang and T. Jiang, “Coordination Control of Distributed Generators and Load Resources for Frequency Restoration in Isolated Urban Microgrids,” to appear in Applied Energy, 2022.
- [2022-09-08] UM, China Southern Power Grid build joint laboratory to promote research and development of carbon-neutral power and energy systems. News
- [2022-08-23] New publication: J. Hong, H. Hui, H. Zhang, N. Dai and Y. Song, “Event-triggered Consensus Control of Large-scale Inverter Air Conditioners for Demand Response,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2022.
- [2022-04-15] New publication: H. Hui, P. Yu, H. Zhang, N. Dai, W. Jiang and Y. Song, “Regulation Capacity Evaluation of Large-scale Residential Air Conditioners for Improving Flexibility of Urban Power Systems,” to appear in International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 2022.
- [2022-04-01] New publication: H. Hui, Y. Ding, K. Luan, T. Chen, Y. Song and S. Rahman, “Coupon-Based Demand Response for Consumers Facing Flat-Rate Retail Pricing,” to appear in CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems, 2022.
- [2022-03-26] New publication: K. Xie, H. Hui, Y. Ding, Y. Song, C. Ye, W. Zheng and S. Ye, “Modeling and Control of Central Air Conditionings for Providing Regulation Services for Power Systems,” to appear in Applied Energy, 2022.
- [2022-02-15] New publication: J. Hong, H. Hui, H. Zhang, N. Dai, and Y. Song, “Distributed Control of Large-scale Inverter Air Conditioners for Providing Operating Reserve Based on Consensus With Nonlinear Protocol”, to appear in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2022.
- [2022-02-09] New publication: H. Hui, P. Siano, Y. Ding, P. Yu, Y. Song, H. Zhang, and N. Dai, “A Transactive Energy Framework for Inverter-based HVAC Loads in a Real-time Local Electricity Market Considering Distributed Energy Resources”, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2022.
- [2022-01-17] We won the Best Paper Award of the 3rd IEEE Conference on Sustainable Power and Energy (iSPEC 2021). Check the news here. The paper is: H. Hui, P. Yu, H. Zhang, N. Dai, W. Jiang and Y. Song, “Regulation Capacity Evaluation of Large-scale Heterogeneous Residential Air Conditioning Loads,” the 3rd IEEE Conference on Sustainable Power and Energy (iSPEC 2021).
- [2022-01-01] I was promoted to be a Research Assistant Professor with the State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City.
- [2021-07-25] New publication “Scheduling thermostatically controlled loads to provide regulation capacity based on a learning-based optimal power flow model,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy.
- [2021-04-25] New publication “Fast Wasserstein-distance-based distributionally robust chance-constrained power dispatch for multi-zone HVAC systems,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid.
- [2021-02-21] New publication “Game-Theoretic Demand Side Management of Thermostatically Controlled Loads for Smoothing Tie-line Power of Microgrids” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.
- [2020-09-17] Our paper “5G Network-based Internet of Things for Demand Response in Smart Grid: A Survey on Application Potential” was selected as the Highly Cited Papers (Top 1%).
- [2020-08-02] New publication “Adaptive Time-Delay Control of Flexible Loads in Power Systems Facing Accidental Outages” to appear in Applied Energy.
- [2020-06-13] I completed my Ph.D. thesis defense Deeply indebted to my supervisors, Prof. Yi Ding and Prof. Yonghua Song.
- [2020-05-12] Hongxun Hui was awarded the Outstanding Graduates (优秀毕业生) both in Zhejiang University and in Zhejiang Province (3 Ph.D. students in the College of EE).
- [2020-04-28] I was awarded the Nomination of Top Ten Academic Achievements (学生十佳提名学术成果) in the College of EE.
- [2020-02-10] New publication “Dynamic and Stability Analysis of the Power System With the Control Loop of Inverter Air Conditioners” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics!
- [2020-01-15] I was awarded as 2019 Excellence in Reviewing by the Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy (MPCE).
- [2019-12-20] New publication “Use of Demand Response for Voltage Regulation in Power Distribution Systems with Flexible Resources,” to appear in IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution!
- [2019-12-13] Hongxun Hui was awarded the twelfth Top Ten Students (十佳学子) at the College of Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University! 10 students were selected from around 2300 students at College of EE.
- [2019-10-18] Hongxun Hui got the Wang Guo Song Scholarship (王国松奖学金) in the 2018-2019 academic year! It is the highest honor at the College of Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University. This year, 4 Ph.D. students got this scholarship among about 180 Ph.D. students.
- [2019-10-18] Hongxun Hui got the National Scholarship (国家奖学金) in the 2018-2019 academic year, for rewarding my high quality academic publications and the first ranking in my major (Power Systems)!
- [2019-10-09] New publication “Review of Modeling and Control Strategy of Thermostatically Controlled Loads for Virtual Energy Storage System,” to appear in Protection and Control of Modern Power Systems.
- [2019-10-08] New publication “5G Network-based Internet of Things for Demand Response in Smart Grid: A Survey on Application Potential” to appear in by Applied Energy. This paper’s application survey of 5G on DR is carried out before 5G technology enters the large-scale commercial stage, so as to provide references and guidelines for developing future 5G networks in the smart grid paradigm.
- [2019-06-16] New publication “Capacity Allocation and Optimal Control of Inverter Air Conditioners Considering Area Control Error in Multi-area Power Systems,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems.
- [2019-04-29] New publication “Modeling and Control of Flexible Loads for Frequency Regulation Services Considering Compensation of Communication Latency and Detection Error,” to appear in Applied Energy.
- [2019-03-20] Our book “Integration of Air Conditioning and Heating into Modern Power Systems—Enabling Demand Response and Energy Efficiency,” was published by Springer!
- [2018-12-16] The 1st IEEE Student Conference on Electric Machines and Systems (IEEE SCEMS 2018) was held successfully! Thanks to all the members in IEEE Zhejiang University Industry Applications Society Student Branch Chapter (IEEEiasZJU)! More photos can be found here.
- [2018-04-18] Hongxun Hui is elected in the 1st batch of the Academic Rising Star Program, Zhejiang University. 60 Ph.D. students will be supported by Science and Technology Development Fund to carry out a research project as principal investigator (PI), who will also get supported as a joint-supervision student to visit global universities for 6~12 months. More information can be found here.